WELCOME VOLUNTEER COORDINATORS
The Wisconsin Volunteer Coordinators Association is a statewide professional organization advocating for coordinators of volunteer services through support, resources and educational development.
WVCA is a Wisconsin professional association which was founded in 1973 to create a statewide network for managers of volunteers. WVCA is designed to serve as a positive force in the promotion of volunteerism, leadership and volunteer management.
The association provides annual volunteer management training at the Wisconsin Volunteer Coordinators Association's Conference each spring. The board meets regularly to conduct association business, exchange ideas and deal with issues of mutual concerns. WVCA is run by members for members. All members are encouraged to participate on committees and consider leadership positions on the board. Board meetings are open to current paid members. General membership meetings are held annually at the WVCA Conference.
DEFINITION OF AN AFFILIATE; WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
There has been a question about what an affiliate to the WVCA is. The definition of an affiliate is a group of five or more volunteer managers from different organizations that gather on a regular basis to discuss volunteer management.
We currently have 5 affiliates for the WVCA: Association of Volunteer Managers (Milwaukee and Southwest WI), Bay Area Managers of Volunteer Services (Green Bay), Chippewa Valley Volunteer Coordinators Association (Eau Claire), Coulee Region Volunteer Coordinators (LaCrosse), and Volunteer Action Council (Appleton & Fox Cities).
We would love to have new affiliates formed within the WVCA. We have some wonderful benefits we can offer our affiliate members:
· Advertising your affiliate website/Facebook on the WVCA website
· A representative on the WVCA Board of Directors
· Eligible for Education Grants of up to $300
· Quarterly Newsletter
· Ability to attend WVCA Regional Seminars
· Networking with colleagues from across the state to share experiences, techniques, and trends
· Affiliate representative can participate in the Bi-annual Affiliate Retreat with WVCA Board Members
· WVCA Annual Conference details sent directly to affiliate representative
· WVCA Conference scholarships given to affiliate to distribute to their membership
Membership for an affiliate is $35.00 per year. Interested in forming a new affiliate, maybe you have some questions? Feel free to contact our Membership Chair, Kaylynn Stahlbusch. You can also find more information under the Membership tab right here on this website.